Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ebb and Tide.

This is one of my favorite pictures of my Nana. I'm not sure when exactly it's from. But it's from one of our annual bi-weekly trips to OCNJ. For a massive majority of those years Nana would take a walk on the beach in the morning time....That's the sort of thing I like to remember about her.

Lately, I've been thinking of her very often. Sometimes I start to get excited thinking I'll get to see her soon, or wanting to call her and tell her a story. It's hard living in a different country because in some one it makes death much less real. It just seems like a geographical circumstance....rather than mortality. Summer approaching probably also fills me with nostalgia for sitting on the deck watching the waves and stars. I sat on her lap in a rocking chair until I was almost as big as her (not too-too hard since she's rather short).

But a commingling of longing and memories of sea is a perfect combination. Hearts churn with the beating of the waves, and the ebb of the tides.....

No comments:

Post a Comment