Monday, March 18, 2013

Flux

March can be a hard month, it's a time of transitions, particularly for teachers as we approach the long end of the school year. This is definitely exacerbated in climates that have winter, and especially in a state like Michigan.  There is not an even gradient of winter giving way to spring, and daylight savings time makes that even more convoluted. In this time of flux, sometimes we hit a wall where we really feel the toil of the long winter months, while the flirting presence of spring also fills us with desires to be up and active. At least for me, this sometimes puts me at war with myself, needing to rest and needing to do. It feels like mile 19 in a marathon. This morning, as I felt absolutely drained this scripture encouraged me:

You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light. 
With your help I can advance against a troop; 
with my God I can scale a wall.

Psalm 18:28-29

I fully recognize that my soul often turns to dark places when I am exhausted, and yet I am trusting in the Lord to turn that into light. To keep this lamp burning bright, and not waning.

No comments:

Post a Comment